Sunday, July 15, 2012

Europe, Destination 3: Avignon, France

Southern France was a blur to me. All the food was great (okay, so the two things that popped to mind are tartines and kebabs…). I don’t think I had a single bad food my whole time there. The restaurants were small and quaint with delicious midi menus. Their rose wines tended to be lighter, but were still good. I went to two wineries – Tavel and Chateaunauf du Pape – both which were magnificent and I learned a lot about different grape varieties and soil types in creating different flavors in wine. Since everything was a blur, it is a bit difficult for me to actually tell you what was where. I took a picture of some of our meals and one of all the artisanal foods I brought back from Southern France. There was a great market called Les Halles literally 5 minutes from where I stayed and my friends and I went to Saint Remy where a lot of small artisanal shops had things I could not resist – like delicious pates, terrines and tapenades, truffles, honeys, and more…


(Above) was our homemade breakfast of chevre cheese, bread, arugula , and tomato from Les Halles



No comments:

Post a Comment