Monday, July 16, 2012

Europe, Destination 5: Bologna, Italy

Bologna. Pretty much the place where I gained all my volume… I had an amazing time eating all the food, touring the city for its artisanal shops and meeting amazing people who, for reasons I still don’t really understand but am grateful for, were nice enough to teach me part of their trade. The city itself was small – it took me about 45 minutes to leisurely walk from one end to the other, a bit more if I actually stop to stare at all the dried pasta shops, the shoe stores, the leather shops, and of course, the restaurants and cafes. I had amazing aperitifs… Go to Gamberini for aperitifs and delicious sweets. I still think about that marsala-rum cream puff… yum. Do buy their thick tart balsamic glace and eat their dried meats – I don’t think I will ever be able to stomach American made bologna again, not that I enjoyed it when I did eat it before the trip. Get their tagliatelle al bolognese. Actually, just get their pastas, made al dente, it was perfect for me. DEFINITELY DRINK ALL THEIR COFFEE DRINKS - my all time favorite was the amazing marrochino…mmmmmm… now to make one for myself once I find good coffee (regrettably, I did not buy coffee in Italy to bring back).
















No comments:

Post a Comment