This dessert is great for when you have bananas too ripe for eating, milk about to spoil, or baguettes about to harden to rock... or any combination of the above. It keeps for about a week in the fridge and is very delicious! Courtland, this is for you.
Bánh Chuối Nướng (Vietnamese Baked Banana Bread)
· 4 medium ripe bananas
· 2 French baguette or any crusty breads (minus sourdough)
· 2 cups milk (any type)
· 1 1/2 cup sugar
· Mix 1 cup sugar with the milk in a bowland stir until fully dissolved.
· Tear the baguette into tiny (1 cm3) pieces and let them soak up the milk
· In a different bowl, slice the bananas in ¼ cm thickness and toss with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
· Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
· In a bread pan (6x8 inches) add a layer of bread at the bottom, layer on the banana slices and alternate between the two until finished.
· Bake the bread for 1 hour.