Baked Fries and Sweet Potato Fries
· 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1 cmX1cm strips, store submerged in water so the potatoes don’t blacken.
· 2 tsp of 1:1:1:1 ratio of oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, crushed rosemary
· 3 cloves garlic, minced (if you do not have the time, use 1-2 tsp garlic powder)
· oil spray
· olive oil
· Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
· Spray a thin pan with a thin layer of oil spray, sprinkle salt to cover the pan. Make sure it is not too much salt, but not too lightly dusted either. The salt serves as a layer that keeps the fries from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
· In a big bowl, drain the potato and pat dry using a paper towel. Add the herbs, ¾ tsp of salt, garlic, and 2 tsp of olive oil. Toss until the fries are evenly coated.
· Place in one layer on the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
· Turn over each fry and bake again for 15 more minutes. The fries should be crispy when done. If it is not crispy, put the oven on broil and let it bake for another 5 minutes.
*When making sweet potato fries, use 2 medium sized sweet potatoes and leave out the salt when mixing in the bowl. The salt covering the pan should be enough flavoring.